Wednesday 14 March 2018

Six weeks

I took Dani for her six week check up today (six week post partum visit for me). It was the first time she and I have been to the doctor since she was 5 days old. At 5 days Dani was already over her birthweight so we did not need to go in sooner.




She is 10 lbs and change (I really need to remember to note these numbers) and in good health. I mentioned her nose / throat mucus which can irritate her when we put her down to sleep. There wasn’t any reason to suppose it was caused by anything serious though.

I am also good: a bit of constipation to take care of, and my stomach muscles are slightly separated in front. I have to remember to breathe normally if I’m working out my abs. That seems to be all. I’ve lost about 15 lbs from what I remember of my last pregnant weigh-in. Still around 20lbs over pre preg weight. At this point I don’t really care if I’m losing weight as long as I’m not gaining.

This could also be my last ever visit to the maternity clinic, as Dani will now be seen by our family doctor. How do I feel about this? Well.....fine actually. Several times a day, I think to myself  “We have a baby.” Not a hope, not a dream. Not a gamble every month. Not a treatment plan. Not a little embryo or fetus that we hope makes it. An actual baby. That’s such a big deal. It is so very different than it was before.

Moving forward: 
  • Signed up for a stroller exercise class next month
  • Also next month AJ will only be at daycare 2 days a week. We are calling it preschool (because it’s as good or better, and we don’t have to find a preschool)
  • My extended leave is approved: plan is to return to work sept 2019
Rest of life, here I come!

Love and light to all.


8 comments:

  1. She is so sweet and happy you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I'm glad to hear that you both are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, she is just theeee cutest thing ever!! And getting so SO big. Love this update. Love that you have some things sorted. Love that you are enjoying this season so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so much more chubby and squishy now. I love it! We are enjoying ourselves, just wish it would quit snowing already.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your little miracle and I'm glad things are going well! I used to go on walks in the park with other moms and Nicky in the stroller and I really enjoyed that so enjoy the stroller exercises, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love walks to the park. The simple pleasures are the best!

      Delete